Windows XP can be configured to print directly to a specified file without prompting for a filename. This is done by adding a value to the Registry and configuring an additional printer port as follows:
1) Locate the following registry key in Regedit:
2. From the Edit menu, choose Add Value. In the Value Name field type a suitable path and filename (c:\printout.txt).
Select REG_SZ for the data type. Leave the String field Blank.
3. Save your changes and exit Registry Editor.
4. Restart the computer.
5. Start Control Panel, Printers and select the desired printer.
6. Choose Properties from the menu. For best results configure the printer with the Generic/Text print driver.
7. Under Ports, select the filename specified in Step 2.
“I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on” ~ Beryl Pfizer
PRINT - Print a text file
NET PRINT - View and Delete print jobs
© Copyright SS64.com 1999-2013
Some rights reserved