Windows can be configured to print plain text directly to a specified file without prompting for a filename. This is done by adding a value to the Registry and configuring an additional printer port as follows:
1) Locate the following registry key in Regedit:
2. From the Edit menu, choose Add Value REG_SZ. In the Name field type a suitable path and filename (C:\docs\printout.txt). Leave the value blank.
3. Save your changes and exit Registry Editor.
4. Restart the computer.
5. Start Control Panel, Printers and select an existing printer connection, or add a new one.
6. Choose Printer Properties from the File menu. For best results configure the printer with the Generic/Text print driver.
7. Under Ports, select the filename specified in Step 2.
The file can appear without a file extension.
Before sending a second print job the file must be renamed or deleted.
“I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on” ~ Beryl Pfizer
PRINT - Print a text file.
NET PRINT - View and Delete print jobs.